It’s important to write flawlessly in a professional environment. You feel embarrassed when you find grammar and spelling mistakes in a professional document you submitted to your clients or employer.
Regular word processing applications like Microsoft Word offer a basic spell check and grammar corrector but it’s not efficient enough to pick writing style mistakes. It’s not usually recommended for professional purposes.
In such cases, we all look for professional grammar checking websites that can perform an advanced level of grammar checking. We have gathered a list of the top 7 grammar checking websites that offer multiple grammar checks to make your writing efficient. Read below:
Grammarly is ranked No 1 in our list of top seven grammar checking software because it’s best for proofreading your documents. Grammarly, developed by Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn in 2009, claims to be the best writing enhancement platform. The product won the Top Ten Reviews Gold Award in four years since its public release (2013).
The product is available in two packages; free and premium. The premium version performs up to 250 grammar checks while the free one performs 150 grammar checks to improve your writing. Also, the premium package offers you vocabulary enhancement suggestions, genre-specific writing style checks, and a plagiarism checker that scans over eight billion web pages.
The key features of Grammarly include:
- 250 grammar checks
- Spell checker to fix your spelling errors
- Plug-in for Microsoft Office (enhance your write-ups on Word, Outlook, etc)
- Extension for Chrome browser (edit your blog posts)
- Plagiarism detector
The product is available in two versions: an online application and installable software. Both versions have the same functionality and effectiveness. Grammarly Inc. claims that the product’s algorithm is designed by the world’s leading linguists. It is used and supported by millions of people around the world.
Ginger is a robust online grammar checking software that helps you to enhance your writing skills. Gingersoftware.com was founded in 2007 by two entrepreneurs, Anver Zangvil and Yael Karov. Ginger Software’s assets were acquired by Intel in May 2014.
This online grammar checker is available in two versions: free and premium.
The features of Ginger include:
- Fix grammar mistakes
- Natural language processing through patented language algorithms
- Ginger keyboard for Android
- Sentence re-phrasing
- Personal Trainer
- Text Reader
- Contextual spelling corrector
The premium version allows you to boost your writing efficiency, smartphone productivity, and written communications. Ginger is recommended for those looking for online grammar checking software.
GrammarCheck.Me provides you with the best solution to improve your personal or business writing. The simple user-interface of GrammarCheck.Me looks like a basic text editing software that allows you to create, print, and customize your documents.
The notable features include:
- Free spelling and grammar checker
- Powered with advanced web-based grammar checking engine
- One source platform
- Uses artificial intelligence
- A blog that keeps releasing informative knowledge
- Allow you to italicize, bold, and underline your text
It’s one of the best free grammar checking software and it’s best for personal and business use. Try it out and you’ll see how efficient this free software is.
After the Deadline is a product developed by the “WordPress” developer firm Automattic, and the product is also known in the market as “Polish my writing.”
Coming from revolutionary platform developers, this product allows you to improve your writing by adding grammar, style, and spell checking. “After the Deadline” is available in a web application.
The notable features of “After the Deadline” include:
- Spell check using context and artificial intelligence
- Provides you with a database of 1500 commonly misused words
- Correct your common mistakes
- Style checker improves your writing skills
- Locates clichés, passive voice and bias-language
- Grammar check that points out wrong verbs, auxiliary verb agreement errors, and repeated words
- The best feature is that it not only points out the mistake but provides you with an explanation so that you can become a better writer.
This product is also free. All you need to do is add the text into the box given on the website and hit the “Check Writing” option to start your free grammar, spell, and style checking.
The product doesn’t make you wait for long and shows you the results instantly. You can then make the required changes to your piece of writing. The only drawback is that it’s only available on the website and there’s no application available for Microsoft Office or desktop.
Paper Rater is another grammar checking software that comes in both free and premium versions. There’s no difference in the grammar checking but there’s a limit of 5-page submissions in the free version and the premium version extends the limit to 20 pages.
The features of Paper Rater include:
- Grammar and spell-checker
- Plagiarism checker
- Writing suggestions to improve your writing style
- Fast processing in the premium version
- Artificial intelligence is used to improve your writing
- Vocabulary building tool to improve your vocabulary
The drawback is that you can only use the services on the web-based application and there’s no version for desktop. The plagiarism checker helps you to find duplicate content and lets you make changes. You can perform a plagiarism check by just uploading the file or copy and paste the text.
It is recommended for both personal and business writing as it’s one of the free software that provides you a robust and efficient grammar check.
By the name, it may sound like just spell-checking software, but actually, it’s a complete grammar checking tool that allows you to create a fine piece of writing. This efficient grammar checking tool also helps you to improve your writing skills.
The features of SpellChecker.Net include:
- Customer dictionary
- Supports multiple languages
- Customized interface for better user experience
- English language grammar check
- Built-in Thesaurus
The grammar checking software is available for a thirty days trial so you can try it out before purchasing. Also, it provides you with an API so you can integrate it into your website. If you often make spelling mistakes, SpellChecker.Net provides you with an amazing solution.
Online Correction comes in as the last of our list of grammar checking software that is best for correcting common grammatical and spelling mistakes.
The software is designed to find spelling mistakes, basic grammar, and writing style errors.
The notable features of Online Correction include:
- Spell, grammar, and style check
- One-click automatic correction
- Offers different dialects like British English, New Zealand English, American English, South African English, and Australian English
You can get this software without emptying your pockets as it’s exclusively free. It’s a good option when it comes to correcting your grammatical, spelling, and stylistic errors.